Malta graces the list of top 11 safest countries for an expat
With the growing number of international and well-established iGaming companies relocating to this increasingly favoured gaming hub of Europe and the expats that follow, it is no surprise that Malta is gaining fast popularity.
But the successful iGaming world is not the only reason it is looked upon so fondly by expats. This beloved rock,
home to over 400,000 residents has won the hearts of expats who have relocated here to work for many reasons.
Malta has been described as a laid back tiny Mediterranean island rich in history with superb weather conditions (enjoying around 3,000 hours of sunshine per year – one of the highest in Europe) and high regards for personal safety and security. The transition period to your new life in Malta is almost nonexistent as one feels at home immediately and hardly has any problems adjusting.
So highly admired is Malta that it recently made the top 11 safest countries list for an expat. This survey was compiled by InterNations, the largest worldwide network for people living and working abroad. 14,300 expats from 174 different nationalities, living in 191 countries or territories were surveyed.
They rated 43 different aspects of life abroad on a scale of 1-7. Here are the results:
- 11. Oman – Cost of living and crime rates are extremely low in this country drawing the expats in.
- 10. Taiwan – Taiwan is known for being the safest place in the world along with great career prospects and ranking high in job satisfaction.
- 9. Finland – The most popular benefit of relocation to Finland according to a survey of 7 out of 10 expats was the personal safety benefit.
- 8. New Zealand – The two main islands in the southwestern Pacific Ocean that make up New Zealand is considered by expats to be one of the most peaceful places in the world.
- 7. Norway – Again safety plays a huge part in the decision making for expats that have moved here with their families or for relationships.
- 6. Switzerland – Switzerland is known for their continuously low crime rate drawing the expats in to relocate in their peaceful environment.
- 5. Malta – Highly popular with British expats in particular, it is considered the state with the best climate in the world according to international living. This topped with high personal safety and security has made Malta the go-to country for expats.
- 4. Canada – This country received high rankings in personal safety and security from expats due to their low crime rates across the board.
- 3. Japan – “Peacefulness” is the word that comes to mind for many expats in the InterNations report that have relocated here after Japan broadened their remit to bring in skilled workers and expats.
- 2. Singapore – This island nation is not only one of the richest countries in the world, but also boasts of having one of the lowest crime rates as well on every metric from personal safety to corporate crimes.
- 1. Luxembourg – The crime rate in this country that holds around half a million people is considered to be one of the lowest in the world.
And there you have the results and we are not surprised, with Malta having one of the best iGaming lifestyles if you work in the industry coupled with one of the best weather conditions in Europe, plus feeling safe and secure! It’s no wonder more and more expats are relocating here to enjoy this slice of iGaming paradise.
Related vacancies:Marketing & PR, Communicationdiscover Sales, Business Dev & AMdiscover Customer Supportdiscover Content Writer - Mandarin | SiGMA GroupdiscoverJournalist | SiGMA GroupdiscoverHead of Digital Marketing | SiGMA GroupdiscoverHead of Conference Production | SiGMA GroupdiscoverGraphic Designer | SiGMA Groupdiscover