Aspire Global releases Year-End Report 2018
Revenue for Aspire Global up by 45.5% in 2018
Aspire Global has released its Year-End Report for 2018, with revenue up 45.5% for the full year, netting €104.6 million. Reports for the fourth quarter showed an increase in revenue of 71.6%, raking in €32.9 million.
FULL YEAR (JAN-DEC 2018)
- Revenues increased by 45.5% to €104.6 million (71.9)
• B2B Revenues increased by 52.6% to €56.6 million (37.1)
• EBITDA increased by 48.6% to €21.2 million (14.3)
• EBITDA margin amounted to 20.3% (19.8%)
• EBIT increased to €19.3 million (13.0)
• Earnings after tax from continued operations increased to €16.2 million (9.8)
• Earnings per share after tax from continued operations increased to €0.36 (0.23)
• Cash flow from operating activities increased by 42.8% to €22.9 million (16.0)
• First time depositors (FTDs) increased by 50.5% to 370.4 thousand (246.1)
• The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of approximately 1.27 SEK per share, to be paid for the 2018 fiscal year
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING AND AFTER THE FOURTH QUARTER
- On October 25th 2018, the sports operator BetRegal migrated to Aspire Global from another platform
• On October 22nd 2018, Aspire Global launched a bingo offering in addition to casino and sports.
• On November 28th 2018, Aspire Global was granted a sports gaming license in Ireland.
• On December 5th 2018, Aspire Global presented new financial targets for 2019-2021; revenues of €200 million and an
EBITDA of €32 million, excl. material acquisitions, and an EBITDA-margin of 16%.
• On December 21st 2018, Aspire Global was granted a Swedish gaming license. On January 1st, 2019, the re-regulation
entered into force and Aspire Global started operating under the new license.
• On January 9th 2019, Ziv Shtaeinberg was appointed as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and member of the management
team at Aspire Global, leading the technology site in Kiev, Ukraine.
A word from CEO, Tsachi Maimon
As I conclude the fourth quarter and 2018 as a whole, I feel excited and extremely proud of our progress. December rounded off yet another record quarter in line with our seasonal pattern. We maintained strong focus on regulated markets with new licenses granted in Sweden and Ireland and finalized compliance for the Swedish re-regulation. Furthermore, we launched five new brands on the platform, two of which were migrations of established operators, all while pursuing high activity in B2B and B2C through effective CRM-campaigns. As a result, revenues in the fourth quarter increased by 71.6% from 2017, reaching €32.9 million.
As for the full-year, it was an exciting journey. Aspire Global entered into 8 new partnerships and launched 13 new B2B-sites. We also launched over 240 new games, 6 of which are our own, and managed to expand our offering to bingo and sports, the latter of which is growing steadily and contributing to both segments. We received two new licenses for regulated markets, Sweden and Ireland, enabling us to create a stronger presence in northern Europe. The iGaming license for sports in Ireland expands Sportsbook to yet another regulated market, enabling partners to target new audiences through a wider offering. Moreover, we issued and listed a bond under a €80 million framework that, together with our strong cash flow, would enhance our growth potential and allow us to explore attractive investment and acquisition opportunities, in line with operational focus. Last but not least, we arranged our first capital markets day in Stockholm. The fact that we will be exceeding previous financial targets ahead of schedule is the result of an amazing progress in 2018, following our growth strategy.
We are excited to be up and running in the re-regulated Swedish market, creating a stronger footprint in the Nordics. Aspire Global sees considerable growth potential from the modest starting point and is looking forward to initiating new partnerships under the new conditions.
Aspire Global recently announced updated financial targets for 2019-2021, aiming at revenues of €200 million and an EBITDA of €32 million, excluding material acquisitions, and an EBITDA-margin of 16%. The strategy going forward remains focused on B2B and B2C, but also on game development. Aspire Global will continue to pursue strong growth, both organically and through acquisitions, with a consistent focus on improving the offering, strengthening partnerships and seizing attractive opportunities in regulated markets. To ensure the appropriate infrastructure and flexibility for various market conditions and coming integrations, we will be initiating considerable investments in the company platform from our tech site in Ukraine, starting with the recent appointment of a group CTO and further recruitments to strengthen the tech-team going forward.
Welcome to a new and exciting year with Aspire global.
Check out our latest videos below:
Related vacancies:Web Developmentdiscover Fraud & Paymentsdiscover Sales, Business Dev & AMdiscover Engineering Developmentdiscover Marketing & PR, Communicationdiscover Senior Java Developer (m/f/d) | IDnowdiscoverJunior Account Manager - Gaming | Trustly Group ABdiscoverSouth America Business Development (Remote) | iTech labsdiscoverPython Developer | BritediscoverSales & Business Development Manager | NetShop Internet Servicesdiscover