Aspire Global issues Interim Report for the first quarter 2018
A productive first quarter for Aspire Global
Aspire Global issued its Interim Report for the first quarter of 2018. The report shows strong, continuous growth, with the launch of Sportsbook dominating the start of 2018.
First quarter January-March 2018
- Revenues increased by 14% to €18.4 million (16.1)
- B2B Revenues increased by 24% to €9.7 million (7.8)
- EBITDA increased by 6% to €2.8 million (2.6)
- EBITDA margin amounted to 15% (16%)
- EBIT amounted to €2.4 million (2.4)
- Earnings after tax from continued operations amounted to €2.2 million (2.5)
- Earnings per share after tax from continued operations amounted to €0.04 (0.06)
- First-time depositors (FTDs) increased by 28% to 69.2 thousand (53.9)
Events during and after the first quarter
- January 18th 2018, Aspire Global expanded the gaming portfolio through the game hub of iSoftBet with access to dozens of games providers licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
- January 29th 2018, Aspire Global launched Sportsbook through the proprietary brand Karamba; aiming at becoming the first provider of a full turnkey solution to sport operators. Sportsbook is an attractive addition to the B2B-offering and part of the long-term plan for strategic growth.
- February 26th 2018, the new iGaming brand Goliath Casino went live on Aspire Global’s iGaming platform. Goliath Casino will become one of the first partners to also offer Sportsbook.
- March 5th 2018 Cofina Media was granted a betting license enabling the launch of Sportsbook in Portugal. The platform was legally and technically certified well in time for the launch.
- April 3rd 2018, Aspire Global finalized the issue of a €27.5 million senior secured bond loan under a €80 million framework for M&A purposes. The company has applied for a listing of the bond on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- The Board of Directors proposed the election of Aharon Aran as new Board member, replacing Pinhas Zahavi from May 8th 2018 until the next Annual General Meeting. Present Board members Carl Klingberg, Fredrik Burvall, Tsachi Maimon and Barak Matalon, were proposed for re-election.
- April 17th 2018, Aspire Global signed an agreement on platform services with Aller Media Denmark, a company within Aller Group, the leading publisher of magazines and newspapers in the Nordic region. Aller Media Denmark will be launching an iGaming brand in Denmark in the second quarter.
- May 1st 2018, Aspire Global’s Danish gaming license was extended until 2023.
“Q2 started off on a positive momentum, revenues in April were up more than 60% compared to April 2017, and 33% up compared to the average monthly numbers in Q1 2018. We continue to monitor the progress for Sportsbook in time for the World Cup in June. Q2 will be the first full quarter to include revenues from the sports vertical, which constituted nearly a tenth of the B2C-revenues in April. The finalized bond enables us to explore potential acquisitions closer.
We look forward to see the results of our recent B2C-initiative, enabling a dedicated organization to pay proper attention to the strong proprietary Karamba-brand and the sports offering. We also prepare for the Swedish regulation, both in terms of platform-certification and potential agreements, where we see interesting growth opportunities in the partnership with media companies in particular.” commented CEO for Aspire Global, Tsachi Maimon.
Related vacancies:Sales, Business Dev & AMdiscover Marketing & PR, Communicationdiscover Customer Supportdiscover Sales Executive | SiGMA GroupdiscoverSales Manager | SiGMA GroupdiscoverSEO Executive | SiGMA GroupdiscoverGeneral Manager | SiGMA GroupdiscoverGraphic Designer | SiGMA Groupdiscover