Behavioural Interview Questions
Behavioural Interview questions focus on your previous work history in order to determine if you have the necessary skills for the job. Questions will centre around how you handled tough situations in the past – giving interviewers a good idea of your skills, abilities and personality.
When answering these questions always give specific examples that:
Describe the situation
Mention the task you tackled
Explain what action you took to resolve it
Illustrate the results of your action
Here are some examples of commonly asked Behavioural Interview Questions:
- Have you ever made a mistake – how did you handle it?
- Give an example of a problem you encountered and how you resolved it
- Give an example of a stressful situation at work and how you dealt with.
- How do you handle tight deadlines, have you ever missed any?
- Have you ever carried out tasks you didn’t agree with?
- Have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker? How?
- Have you ever disagreed with your boss?
- Give an example of how you successfully worked with a team