Careers Convention Terms & Conditions
Careers Convention Terms & Conditions
These Standard Terms and Conditions for Event Participation (the “Standard Event Terms”) apply to participation in events organised by (or in cooperation with) SiGMA.
Capitalised terms used in these Standard Event Terms have the following meanings:
Applicant: each natural or legal person who has submitted an Application Form to be a Participant in an Event, regardless of whether this application has been accepted by SiGMA;
Application Fee: the amount of the down payment owed by the Applicant to SiGMA at the time of the conclusion of the Participation Agreement for his application to take part in an Event;
Application Form: the online or other form by which a potential Participant applies to take part in an Event;
Conditions of Participation: the conditions contained in the Participation Agreement, the Specific Event Terms (if applicable), these Standard Event Terms and the Rules & Regulations together;
Convention Centre: the location belonging to or used by SiGMA to hold the Careers Convention
Event: the event to be put on by or in cooperation with SiGMA, whether or not in the Convention Centre;
Exhibitor Portal: SiGMA’s online portal containing the main information about the Event for the Participants;
Participant: every natural or legal person who has submitted an Application Form to be a Participant in an Event and with whom SiGMA has entered into a Participation Agreement. The Participation Agreement shall enter into force once the Participant has received a confirmation from SIGMA by email;
Participation Agreement: the agreement between the Participant and SiGMA on the basis of which the Participant is entitled to take part as such in the Event;
Participation Costs: the total costs payable by the Participant to SiGMA and comprising the Application Fee, and if applicable, Stand Hire and Stand Build-up charge;
Parties: SiGMA and the Participant;
Rules & Regulations: the SiGMA Rules & Regulations which contain the rules applicable to all visitors to the Convention Centre, including exhibitors and hirers, and can be found at www.sigma.com.mt;
Specific Event Terms: the Specific Terms applicable to an Event;
Standard Event Terms: these Standard Terms and Conditions for Event Participation issued by SIGMA which are applicable to Applicants and Participants;
- An application to participate in an Event should be made by completing the Application Form, which can be obtained directly from SiGMA in hard copy or through SiGMA’s online application module. The completed and duly signed Application Form must be submitted to SiGMA. If the Application Form is completed and signed by someone other than a legal representative of the Applicant, the correct name and contact details of a legal representative of the Applicant must be filled in on the Application Form.
- Submission of an online registration is regarded as a firm booking and acceptance of these terms and conditions, however the booking will not be confirmed until full payment has been received. Payment in full must be received at time of registration and no later than 1 week before the date that the conference begins. In the event that full payment is not received by then, the delegate will be refused entry to the conference. We accept payment by PayPal and bank transfer; please note that all transfer charges must be met by the sender.
- The Applicant warrants that the data supplied with his application are correct and that the legal representative listed on the Application Form is duly authorised to represent him.
- SiGMA will enter the data obtained from Applicants in a database kept by it for this purpose. By submitting an application the Applicant authorises the use and storage of the data. Once a Participation Agreement has been concluded, SiGMA may use these data for the organisation of the Event and for Event-related publication purposes through the catalogue, website, social media etc.
- Applications which cannot be accepted immediately owing to lack of space may be put on a waiting list. A decision on these applications shall be made before the opening of the relevant Event.
- SiGMA reserves the right to refuse an application at its own discretion. SIGMA also reserves the right, as regards acceptance of applications, to grant priority to members of the associations or organisations acting as joint organisers.
- If SiGMA refuses an application, it will refund any payments (including down payments) and will refrain from collecting the Application Fee.
- The Participation Agreement is concluded solely by acceptance by SiGMA of the application, whereupon the Applicant becomes a Participant. Acceptance shall be confirmed by SiGMA to the Participant by email.
Changes and Cancellation
- In extenuating circumstances, SIGMA has the right to amend the dates and times of an Event or, in exceptional circumstances, to change the concept of the Event or to cancel the Event. In such case, the Participant shall not be entitled to claim compensation for any costs and/or loss or damage incurred.
- Changes to dates, times, Stand Space, stand type and/or stand location or to the concept of the Event do not entitle the Participant to cancel his application in whole or in part.
- If the Event is cancelled, the Participation Agreement will lapse. In such case, SIGMA will refund all payments made by the Participant to SIGMA. This refund will be made within 60 days after the date on which SIGMA has publicised the cancellation of the Event.
- SiGMA may fix an admission price for the Event which applies to all visitors.
- Upon payment of their Application Fee, Participants will receive a number of admission tickets, specified in advance, which shall provide admission to the Event according to the terms of the pass. These admission tickets are personal and may not be sold on or used by persons other than the Participant.
- The SiGMA Full pass entitles the applicant to access to all networking events across the expo floor over two full days, as well as access to one conference.
- The Careers Convention Pass entitles you access to the expo floor for the last four hours of the show only.
- The Participation costs will be charged shortly after the receipt of the Application Form. If the Participant feels he does not owe all or part of the invoice, he should inform SiGMA in writing or by email, giving reasons, within 10 days of the date of the invoice, failing which any right to reduction of the invoice amount will lapse.
Applicability of standard event terms
- If and insofar as any provision of the Standard Event Terms is null and void or is avoided, the other provisions of these Standard Event Terms will remain in force in full. SiGMA will then adopt a new provision to replace the provision that is null and void or has been declared avoided, taking account as far as possible of the tenor of the former provision.
- The applicability of any terms and conditions of the Participant is expressly rejected, notwithstanding any previous or subsequent reference to – or declaration of the applicability of – such terms and conditions of the Participant, for example on invoices.
In the event of conflict, the Conditions of Participation will prevail in the following order in the Participation Agreement in the Specific Event Terms.
– the Participation Agreement;
– the Specific Event Terms;
– the Standard Event Terms;
– the Rules & Regulations.
- For marketing purposes SiGMA is entitled to take photographs and/or make film recordings of the Event and the Stand Spaces and persons present there. Participants and staff engaged by them must permit publication and/or distribution of the photographs and recordings and indemnify SiGMA against any claims in this respect.
- Views expressed by speakers, sponsors and/or exhibitors are their own. SiGMA cannot accept liability for any advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker, sponsor and/or exhibitor at the conference or in any material provided to delegates. In addition, SiGMA shall not be responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of the services or information provided in connection with the event.